B-Sens Fall 3-1 in Toronto
TORONTO - The Binghamton Senators fell 3-1 to the Toronto Marlies snapping the B-Sens four-game win streak.
Travis Ewanyk gave Binghamton the 1-0 lead just past the nine-minute mark of the opening period when he wristed the puck from a steep angle past Garret Sparks for his fourth goal of the year. Toronto quickly responded with a pair of goals 40 seconds apart to take a 2-1 lead. William Nylander grabbed his 17th goal of the year at the midway point of the period to even the score before Zach Hyman deposited his 12th strike of the year as he redirected a shot from T.J. Brennan past Matt O'Connor to give the hosts the one-goal advantage heading into the first intermission. Toronto outshot Binghamton 9-4 over the opening 20 minutes of play.
The B-Sens managed to keep the league's highest scoring offense in check for the remainder of the game, but their own offense failed to solve Sparks over the final two periods of play. Sam Carrick potted an empty net goal with 24 seconds remaining in regulation to push the final score to 3-1.
Sparks stopped 22 of 23 shots faced in the victory while O'Connor allowed two goals on 25 shots faced in the losing effort.
Binghamton plays the next two games against the Syracuse Crunch first on the road Friday, February 26, in a 7:00p.m. faceoff before heading home on Sunday, February 28, to host their I-81 rival.
Tickets for Sunday are available by calling the Binghamton Senators Executive Office at (607)722-SENS(7367) Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. Special office hours will be Saturday, February 27, from 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. The office is open from 8:00a.m. through the game's second intermission during home games. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2016
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Iowa - February 24 - Manitoba Moose
- Albany Devils Down St. John's IceCaps for Sixth Straight Win - Albany Devils
- The Captain's Late Goal Lifts Wild Past Moose 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Acolatse's Score Lone Blemish in 1-0 Wolf Pack Loss - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceCaps Shaded by Devils 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Khaira Earns Second Call-Up to Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch and Thank a Service Member Team up to Honor Military Veterans February 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Assign Ouellet to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Skates & Plates Presented by Air Products Set for Thursday, February 25 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Host San Diego for Midweek Clash at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Cody Bass Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Brian Foster Reassigned by Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Fall 3-1 in Toronto - Binghamton Senators
- Texas Recalls Campbell from ECHL - Texas Stars
- Schroeder Recalled to Minnesota - Iowa Wild
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. St. John's IceCaps, 7 pm - Albany Devils
- Rangers Assign Brady Skjei to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Irish Night Benefiting St. Patrick's Hunger Project February 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Shake up Rampage, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Rampage Fall to Condors 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.