Aviators drop 6-3 decision
ROBSTOWN, Texas -The Coastal Bend Aviators dropped a new season low seven straight games. The streak ironically came here at home.
Elliott Shaw took the hill for the Aviators giving up only 2 earned runs of the six scored by the Shreveport Sports. Shaw recorded seven strikeouts and walked five.
Kevin Henry was the only Aviator that enjoyed success against Bert Snow, the starter for Shreveport. Snow went seven innings surrendering six hits and three runs. All three runs were earned coming off the bat of Henry. Kevin hit a two-run homerun in the bottom of the fourth after Stephen Morales doubled to left-centerfield. He then proceeded to greet Snow in the seventh leading off with a solo shot that never had a chance of staying in the ballpark.
The Aviators will be back in action Friday night after a much needed day off. The Edinburg Roadrunners will host the Aviators in a three game series.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from August 3, 2005
- CBL game recap - Central League
- Pelicans win Edinburg series rubber match - Pensacola Pelicans
- Aviators drop 6-3 decision - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Senators Come to Pelican Park for Final Time in 2005 - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.