Austin's Mark Lewis named Kicker of the Month
AUSTIN-The Austin Wranglers in conjunction with the Arena Football League are proud to announce that kicker Mark Lewis was named the AFL's Kicker of the Month for March.
Lewis (5-11, 200, Florida International), in his fourth AFL season, was 25-of-26 on PATs through the first four games and leads all kickers in scoring with 43 points. He is also 6-of-9 on field goal attempts, converting from 20 (twice), 24, 25, 27 and 33 yards.
A complete list of the AFL's March Player of the Month award winners is as follows: Offensive Player of the Month - Georgia QB Chris Greisen; Defensive Player of the Month - Chicago DL E.J. Burt; Ironman of the Month - Dallas WR/DB Will Pettis; Rookie of the Month - WR/DB Charles Frederick.
In 49 other states it's just football. This is Texas - Football Country. For tickets please call 512.339.3939 or visit the Official Website of the Austin Wranglers at www.austinwranglers.com for additional information.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from March 28, 2007
- Avenger double days - Los Angeles Avengers
- AFL Week 5 Wednesday Injury Report - AFL I
- Final three undefeated teams look to stay perfect - AFL I
- Kansas City Brigade game notes - Kansas City Brigade
- Rush gives web site fresh look - Chicago Rush
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- Little Kittens to Perform April 20 vs. Kansas City - Nashville Kats
- Kats Place Three on Recallable Waivers, Including Former Starter, Stoerner - Nashville Kats
- Austin's Mark Lewis named Kicker of the Month - Austin Wranglers
- Early season efforts earn Frederick AFL Rookie of the Month honor - Kansas City Brigade
- E.J. Burt named Defensive Player of the Month - Chicago Rush
- Georgia Force QB Chris Greisen Named AFL Offensive Player of the Month - Georgia Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.