Austin Spurs Two-Way Players Signed for 2020-21 NBA G League Season
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward Keita Bates-Diop (KAY-tuh Bates DEE-ahp) to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.
Bates-Diop, 6-8/230, split last season between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Denver Nuggets, appearing in a total of 44 games and averaging 6.5 points and 2.9 rebounds in 16.9 minutes. After being dealt to Denver as part of a four-team trade on Feb. 5, he played in five Playoff games for the Nuggets in Orlando. Suiting up in 30 regular season contests with Minnesota as a rookie in 2018-19, the forward holds career averages of 5.9 points and 2.8 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Prior to being selected by the Timberwolves in the second round of the 2018 NBA Draft (48th overall), Bates-Diop spent four seasons at Ohio State and averaged 19.8 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.65 blocks in his final season to earn Big Ten Player of the Year in 2018.
Bates-Diop will wear No. 31 for the Silver and Black.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 1, 2020
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers and Academy Sports & Outdoors Partner with Palm Valley Animal Society - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sea Dubs to Host Season of Giving Community Events During Holidays - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hall and USA Register a Pair of Wins in Fiba AmeriCup Qualifiers - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Two-Way Players Signed for 2020-21 NBA G League Season - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright
- Spurs Announce Basketball Operations Staff Additions & Promotions
- Austin Spurs Head Coach Matthew Nielsen Appointed as Australian Boomers Head Assistant Coach
- Spurs Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster