Austin Spurs Obtain Returning Player Rights to Jordan Barnett
AUSTIN, TX - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, announced today the team has acquired the returning player rights to forward Jordan Barnett in exchange for returning player rights to Amida Brimah. The trade is not subject to physicals.
Barnett (6-7, 215) played collegiately at Texas (2014-16) and Missouri (2016-18). His senior year at Missouri he averaged 13.7 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 32 games (all starts). Undrafted in 2018, Barnett played with the Milwaukee Bucks summer league team averaging 6.0 points and 3.6 rebounds. He later signed with the Wisconsin Herd and played 18 games before his trade to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Barnett played in 35 total games during the 2018-19 season in the NBA G League averaging 5.4 points and 3.1 rebounds in 18.5 minutes.
Brimah played two seasons with the Austin Spurs. He averaged 8.8 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.0 blocks in 47 games during the 2018-19 season.
The Austin Spurs open their 15th Anniversary Season at home on Nov. 8 against the RGV Vipers. For more information, call the office at (512) 236-8333 or visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Mad Ants Acquire Amida Brimah from Austin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Obtain Returning Player Rights to Jordan Barnett - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Ryan Atkinson General Manager - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Memphis Hustle to Hold Open Tryout Sessions in Memphis and Southaven - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Atlanta Hawks Name Landry Fields as Assistant General Manager
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Virtual Auditions for 2020-21 Spurs Hype Squad Begin Today with Open Submission Round
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Virtual Basketball Camps for Young Athletes Starting July 13
- Grizzlies Add Assistant Coach