Austin Spurs Acquire Daniel Nwaelele
AUSTIN, Texas- The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, today announced they have acquired Daniel Nwaelele from the available player pool. Nwaelele will join the team when they return home for Friday's game against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7:30 p.m.
After fulfilling his commitment to the Air Force, Nwaelele joined the Santa Cruz Warriors from 2012-2016 where he averaged 10.9 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 1.8 assists over 92 games. The 6-foot-4 guard played four years of college ball at the Air Force Academy where he averaged 9.8 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game and at the end of his career ranked second in program history in three-point field goal percentage (45.1).
Nwaelele will wear jersey No. 27 when Austin takes on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Friday, Dec. 23 for the team's annual Season of Giving game. For more information, visit www.austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 20, 2016
- D-Fenders Down Knicks in Karl's Westchester Return - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Westchester Knicks Fall Short in Rough and Tumble Match Against D-Fenders - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Comeback to Defeat Swarm in Final Second Thriller - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Crawford Scores 40, Drive Beat 905 for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Energy Square off against Santa Cruz Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Kings Assign Papagiannis and Labissiere to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Austin Spurs Acquire Daniel Nwaelele - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Acquire Kendal Yancy
- Central Texas Elites Face-Off in Annual High School All-Star Games
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce, Clinch 2017-18 Southwest Division Title
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 103-90
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs