Atlanta United 2 Signs Baboucarr Njie
ATLANTA - Atlanta United 2 today announced it has signed midfielder Baboucarr Njie, pending league and federation approval.
"Baboucarr is a well-rounded midfielder that suits our style of play," said ATL UTD 2 head coach Stephen Glass. "He is sound defensively and has the ability to get forward and score goals, as his record in college shows. Baboucarr impressed us at our showcase and we're pleased to add him to our group."
Njie, 24, played three seasons at North Carolina Wesleyan College from 2016-2019. In 2018 he played for North Carolina FC's U-23 squad in the Premier Development League (PDL), now USL League Two, before returning to Wesleyan for his Junior 2019 season. Njie made 57 appearances across three years with the Battling Bishops while tallying 34 goals and 19 assists. In 2019, he was named USA South Player of the Year, First Team All-Conference and selected as a DIII First Team All-American after scoring 15 goals and adding seven assists to lead Wesleyan to the East Division Title with a 12-1 conference record.
Name: Baboucarr Njie
Pronunciation: BAH-boo-CAR, JAI
Birthdate: June 5, 1995 (age: 24)
Birthplace: Serrekunda, The Gambia
Hometown: Washington, D.C.
Nationality: The Gambia/USA
College: North Carolina Wesleyan College
Acquired: Signed by ATL UTD 2 on Jan. 14, 2020
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 14, 2020
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Midfielder Collin Fernandez - Tacoma Defiance
- 1868 FC adds CuraÃÂ§aoan national team left back - Reno 1868 FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Baboucarr Njie - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Hayden Partain - San Antonio FC
- Real Monarchs Signs Goalkeeper Jimmy Slayton - Real Monarchs SLC
- Hartford Athletic Signs Defender Matheus Silva - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.