Atlanta Dream Waives Swanier, Alverson
ATLANTA, May 14, 2013 - The Atlanta Dream announced Tuesday that guard Ketia Swanier and guard/forward Blanche Alverson have been waived from the team. The Dream training camp roster now stands at 14 players.
Swanier averaged 2.2 points and 1.9 assists per game in her only season with the Dream in 2012. She played in all 34 games, making two starts. In five career seasons, she has averaged 2.5 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
Alverson was signed to a training camp contract in April. The rookie from Auburn University averaged 5.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in Atlanta's two preseason games.
The two-time Eastern Conference Champion Atlanta Dream will tip off its sixth season in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) on May 25 at Philips Arena against the Tulsa Shock. The Dream qualified for the playoffs in each of the past four seasons, including back-to-back Eastern Conference titles in 2010 and 2011. Season tickets and single-game tickets for the 2013 season are now available and can be purchased by calling (877) 977-7729 or by visiting www.AtlantaDream.net. The complete 2013 Dream schedule can be found at www.wnba.com/dream/schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 14, 2013
- Atlanta Dream Waives Swanier, Alverson - Atlanta Dream
- Home Preseason Game This Friday - Seattle Storm
- Tulsa Shock Waives Lewis and Lucas - Tulsa Shock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- Brittney Sykes and Elizabeth Williams Added to USA National Team Pool
- Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick to Training Camp Contract
- Atlanta Dream Announce Two Preseason Games
- Damaris Dantas Re-Signs with Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta Dream Sign Adaora Elonu to Training Camp Contract