Atlanta Dream Sign Adaora Elonu to Seven-Day Contract
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Dream have signed forward Adaora Elonu to a seven-day contract, the team announced Friday.
After the Dream lost forward Angel McCoughtry (left knee) for the season and the continued absence of Damiris Dantas (right ankle), Atlanta was provided a waiver by the WNBA league office to sign Elonu.
Elonu, who has been practicing with the Nigeria National Team ahead of the FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup, will join the Dream for its game Saturday at home against the Dallas Wings.
Elonu was a four-year letterwinner for Texas A&M and a member of the 2010-11 National Championship team. Since going undrafted in 2012, the 6'1" Elonu has played professionally for CB Avenida (Spain), Galil Eliol (Israel), Beroil-Ciudad de Burgos (Spain) and CB Conquero (Spain).
Atlanta Dream season, group tickets and single game tickets are available now. For more information, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729. 2018 Playoff tickets will be announced in the coming days.
The Atlanta Dream plays its home games in McCamish Pavilion on the Georgia Tech campus. Atlanta has qualified for the playoffs eight times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 10, 2018
- Courtney Vandersloot Sets WNBA Record and Hits Milestone - Chicago Sky
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- Dream Look to Extend Streak to Five against Dallas Saturday - Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta Dream Sign Adaora Elonu to Seven-Day Contract - Atlanta Dream
- Aces' Magic Number for Elimination Reduced to Two with 89-73 Loss to Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.