Arsenal Unplug Energy 106-105
Anaheim, Calif., March 19, 2008 - The Anaheim Arsenal defeated the Iowa Energy 106-105, in a nail biter, off an incredible inbounds alley-oop dunk from guard Kedrick Brown to forward Mo Charlo with 0.4 seconds left in the game. The dunk came right after an Iowa field goal by guard Shannon Brown, who had given the Energy a 105-104 advantage over the Arsenal. Brown finished the game with 21 points, but Anaheim's fantastic execution on its final offensive possession resulted in an Arsenal win.
Six Arsenal players scored in double-digits in the victory. Three of the six players also recorded double-doubles. Forward Terrence Crawford had 13 points and 13 boards, center Marcus Campbell had 21 points and 10 boards, while guard Will Blalock recorded 15 points and 11 assists.
Arsenal guard Mike Efevberha, who was recently acquired from the Energy in a historic three-team trade last week, recorded 12 points, 2 assists, and 3 rebounds against his former team.
The victory marked Anaheim's 2nd consecutive road win.
"This was a fabulous Midwest road trip. We won three out of our last four road games against quality teams," said Arsenal head coach Reggie Geary. Coach Geary added about his team, "This is an indication of how far we have come this season. We have been taking care of the ball and have been rebounding well as of late. Tonight we were able to out rebound Iowa by 20 rebounds".
Anaheim had a 54 - 34 advantage on the boards. The Arsenal recorded 21 offensive rebounds which led to many second chance opportunities.
After six consecutive road games, the Arsenal finally return home to Anaheim on Friday, March 21, 2008 when they play western division leader, Idaho Stampede, at the Arena at the Anaheim Convention Center at 7:30pm. For tickets or more information on the Arsenal please call 714.635.2255 or visit www.anaheimarsenal.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2008
- Steelheads Shutout Thunder 1-0 - Idaho Stampede
- Arsenal Defeat Energy with Winning Dunk - Anaheim Arsenal
- Arsenal Unplug Energy 106-105 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Thunderbirds And Toros Finalize Trade - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Toros Start Playoff Run With Albuquerque Trade - Austin Spurs
- Wizards Can't Fight Off Arsenal - Anaheim Arsenal
- BNC National Bank "Show Me The Money" Voting Starts Now - Dakota Wizards
- Skyforce Hosts Energy This Weekend - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Wizards Can't Fight Off the Aresenal - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.