Arsenal to serve as affiliate to Clippers, Hawks
Anaheim, Calif., June 11, 2008 - The National Basketball Association announced today the affiliation system for the 2008-09 NBA Development League season. The Anaheim Arsenal will have the Los Angeles Clippers and the Atlanta Hawks as their 2008 - 2009 NBA affiliates.
Both the Clippers and the Hawks have young talented players on their rosters eligible for assignment to the Arsenal.
Current eligible players for assignment
Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford, Acie Law, Mario West
Los Angeles Clippers: Nick Fazekas, Al Thorton, Marcus Williams
In the 2007 - 2008 NBA season, the Atlanta Hawks took current Eastern Conference Finals Champions Boston Celtics to a 7-game series, while the Los Angeles Clippers received the 7th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
"We are pleased at the direction the Anaheim Arsenal is taking, the commitment they have made to player development and look forward to working together in the upcoming season," said Clippers Director of Player Personnel Neil Olshey.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 11, 2008
- Arsenal to serve as affiliate to Clippers, Hawks - Anaheim Arsenal
- Pistons and Pacers Remain Mad Ants' Affiliates for the 2008-09 Season - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- The Albuquerque Thunderbirds Welcome Their 2008-2009 NBA Parent Teams - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Tulsa 66ers Now a Stop on SuperSonic Route to NBA - Tulsa 66ers
- Dakota Continues Relationship with Grizzlies and Wizards - Dakota Wizards
- Skyforce Remains Affiliated with Timberwolves, Bobcats for 2008-09 Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NBA D-League To Enter Eighth Season with Sixteen Teams - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.