Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
The Hotshots suited up in shells and shorts a day before a joint practice with Orlando.
The Hotshots have their second joint practice on Wednesday, January 23 at Southwest High School.
While Coach Neuheisel is not ready to make a depth chart, QB John Wolford ran the two-minute drill today.
The Hotshots will play a preseason game against the Birmingham Iron on Monday, January 28th. This game will be closed to media, fans, and all non-AAF personnel.
After going the first two weeks of training camp without a kicker or punter, the Hotshots added P Jeff Locke and K Erik Powell to the roster yesterday. Both players practiced in full today.
QB Quinn McQueary waived
G Alex Thompson added to the active roster
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager.
The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Neuheisel on relationship with Orlando Head Coach Steve Spurrier: "When we found out that was going to be a part of camp, we called each other to make sure that we'd be partners. Knowing that he'd take care of his team and I'd take care of my team in terms of the cooperation that's required to get great practice and not get overzealous to the point where somebody gets hurt."
Coach Neuheisel on waiving QB Quinn McQueary: "These are the tough decisions of camp, right? As you look at numbers at particular decisions you have to make some tough decisions with respect to keeping out positions going so that you can practice and ultimately who you think at the end of the day is going to make the team. We wish Quinn well. He was outstanding. I hope that... and this is a league of opportunity where maybe he can come back to us a year from now, we'll keep our fingers crossed."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 22, 2019
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Training Camp Update for Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- Memphis Express Daily Update - Memphis Express
- January 22, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Hotshots Revive Offense Late, Rally for 20-18 Victory at Memphis
- Wolford, Hotshots Put on a Show with 38-22 Win over Salt Lake
- Rick Neuheisel Joins Debut Episode of OurSports Central's AAF Podcast
- Arizona Hotshots Game Notes
- Arizona Hotshots Week One Game Time Changed