Arizona Hotshots Daily Update Saturday, January 5, 2019
The 2019 Arizona Hotshots players arrived in San Antonio for the start of the Alliance of American Football's inaugural Training Camp.
The Hotshots first official practice featured one of two female coaches in the Alliance. Jennifer King will work with the wide receivers this season as an Offensive Assistant.
Right at home, Quarterback Trevor Knight returns to his hometown for his first AAF Training Camp. Knight's father attended Southwest High School, where the Hotshot will practice.
74 of the 75 players practiced in full today, with newly acquired wide receiver Josh Huff missing practice with an illness.
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager.
The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School.
For all media inquiries for the Arizona Hotshots please contact Daniel Kurish (Director of Team Communications) by email at Daniel.Kurish@AAF.com.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Neuheisel on the practice atmosphere:
"I have to salute these kids. They are as energetic as any group that I can recall, and it's been awhile since I've done it. They want to be here. When you have that, it inspires everybody. Everybody is looking forward to the next meeting, the next practice, the next opportunity to be together."
Coach Neuheisel on Offensive Coordinator situation:
"I've got a lot of trust in the guys in our room. I feel collectively, while i still got the spot, I haven't filled the spot. I'm watching to see how we put this thing together with the ideas that are already on the table. We certainly have enough play calling experience in our room as well. I'm not so worried about naming a 'Coordinator'".
Quarterback Trevor Knight on energetic meetings and practice:
"When you have an energetic coach and you've got a guy who believes in what he's doing. It rolls all the way through the coaching staff and down to the players. So, you saw that last night with how energetic we are and it was like that today. I thought we had great energy, and it was a great first practice.
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 5, 2019
- Memphis Express Daily Update Saturday - Memphis Express
- Salt Lake Stallions Daily Update - Salt Lake Stallions
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
- January 5, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update Saturday, January 5, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- San Antonio Commanders Training Camp Daily Update for Saturday, January 5, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Arizona Hotshots Issue Statement on AAF Decision
- Arizona Hotshots QB John Wolford Becomes First to Earn Multiple Player of the Week Awards
- Commanders' Bausby, Hotshots' Wolford and Richardson Capture Week 7 AAF Honors
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- Arizona Hotshots Host Public Safety Salute and #19 Retirement Ceremony Sunday, March 3