Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Saturday, January 12, 2019
The Hotshots practiced in full pads again on Saturday after removing them on Friday.
Former NFL head coach Jeff Fisher was at practice today. He was seen with CEO and Co-Founder Charlie Ebersol on the sideline.
While Coach Neuheisel is not ready to make a depth chart, the final two minutes of practice are reserved for a two minute drill with only one opportunity per position. QB Quinn McQueary ran the offense today. He is the fourth different quarterback to run the two-minute drill in the last four days.
72 of the 75 players practiced in full today after T Andrew Nelson was waived on Friday night. DB Nias Martin (New Mexico), WR Gio Pascascio (Louisville), and DE Ian Seau (Nevada-Reno) were all added to the active roster. LB Scooby Wright missed practice with an illness, LB Steven Johnson missed practice with a tight hamstring, and DB Saqwan Edwards missed practice with a broken finger. All three are considered day-to-day.
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager.
The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Rick Neuheisel on practice today: "We've had a great first week. A little rough today because some new stuff went in, but from an installation standpoint we've got 90 percent of it (the offense) in. Maybe 95. And now we've got to fine tune it. I like where are. A nice day off tomorrow, get their legs fresh and hopefully get another great week under our belts next week."
Coach Rick Neuheisel on what he looks for from running backs: "A versatile player. A guy obviously with great running instincts. Got the vision, got the low pads, the ability to be a break-tackles type of runner. That goes without saying. But then also a receiver, a guy that understands pass protection. It's a multi-faceted job."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 12, 2019
- Salt Lake Stallions Daily Update - Salt Lake Stallions
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Saturday, January 12, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- January 11, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Training Camp Update for Saturday, January 12, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Arizona Hotshots Issue Statement on AAF Decision
- Arizona Hotshots QB John Wolford Becomes First to Earn Multiple Player of the Week Awards
- Commanders' Bausby, Hotshots' Wolford and Richardson Capture Week 7 AAF Honors
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- Arizona Hotshots Host Public Safety Salute and #19 Retirement Ceremony Sunday, March 3