Argos congratulate Pelley
Toronto - The Toronto Argonauts co-owners, Howard Sokolowski and David Cynamon, released the following statement regarding Toronto Argonauts' President and CEO Keith Pelley's appointment to President of the consortium that will build and lead the strategic plan for coverage of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games and 2012 Olympic Summer Games.
"We would like to congratulate Keith on this well-deserved appointment. The success he has had in building a strong team with the Toronto Argonauts, both on and off the field, has no doubt led to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him and his family. We thank him for his tireless commitment and contribution to rebuilding the Toronto Argonauts as one of the leading sports brands in Canada.
"Although it is a daunting task, we feel comfortable that we will find a suitable candidate to replace Keith and will announce his successor in the foreseeable future."
Pelley will continue to lead the Argos through the 2007 season and the 2007 Grey Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 11, 2007
- Lions lock-up Clermont - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Add Four - Montreal Alouettes
- CFL fines Trevor Gaylor - CFL
- Argos congratulate Pelley - Toronto Argonauts
- Lapointe Announces Alumni Executive Committee - Montreal Alouettes
- Esks acquire Barranechea from 'Cats - Edmonton Eskimos
- Cats Land DB Jason Nedd - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Eskimos sign free agent trio - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Three Americans Released
- Argos Trade QB Zach Collaros to Winnipeg
- Toronto Argonauts Announce Football Operations Management Changes
- Toronto Argonauts to Host Annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Night on Saturday
- Argos Add Former East All-Star DB Mincy to Practice Roster