Alouettes Add Four
Montreal - Montreal Alouettes Vice President, General Manager and Head Coach Jim Popp announced today the acquisition of rookie receiver Brad Smith and the addition of veterans Joel Wright and Thomas Whitfield as well as rookie Rayshaun Kizer.
Smith (6'1'', 188 lbs.) has been on the Toronto Argonauts' practice roster since the beginning of the season. Drafted in the sixth round (45th overall) of the 2007 CFL Canadian Draft, Smith had a brilliant college career at Queen's University. In his senior year in 2006, he caught 56 passes for 809 yards and seven touchdowns. He also returned 17 punts for 220 yards and a touchdown. He is 23.
Canadian defensive backs Wright and Whitfield both attended training camp with the Alouettes this year, after spending the 2006 season with the team.
Kizer (5'9'', 193 lbs.) is also a defensive back, from Walsh University, who played two pre-season games with the New York Jets this season.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 11, 2007
- Lions lock-up Clermont - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Add Four - Montreal Alouettes
- CFL fines Trevor Gaylor - CFL
- Argos congratulate Pelley - Toronto Argonauts
- Lapointe Announces Alumni Executive Committee - Montreal Alouettes
- Esks acquire Barranechea from 'Cats - Edmonton Eskimos
- Cats Land DB Jason Nedd - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Eskimos sign free agent trio - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Re-Sign 2017 CFL Draft Pick Alex Morrison and Add Offensive Lineman Jarvis Harrison
- Alouettes Sign Contract with Defensive End Joby Saint Fleur
- Alouettes Ink Jermaine Robinson and T.J. Graham
- Luc Brodeur-Jourdain to Return in 2019
- Montreal Alouettes Release Quarterback Johnny Manziel