Cats Land DB Jason Nedd
Hamilton, Ontario - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that the team has acquired non-import defensive back Jason Nedd from the Edmonton Eskimos in exchange for non-import linebacker Agustin Barrenechea and the Ticats fourth round draft pick in the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft.
Nedd, a 5-10, 197-pound native of Montreal was the Eskimos second round (10th overall) selection in the 2007 CFL Canadian Draft. The 26-year-old has appeared in four games with Edmonton this season. In 2006, Nedd played in 12 games for Akron where he recorded 41 tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
The addition of Nedd provides the Ticats with five of the first 13 players selected in the 2007 Draft (Chris Bauman - 1st overall, J.P. Bekasiak - 4, Nedd - 10, Jordan Rempel - 12, Eric Ince -13).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 11, 2007
- Lions lock-up Clermont - B.C. Lions
- Alouettes Add Four - Montreal Alouettes
- CFL fines Trevor Gaylor - CFL
- Argos congratulate Pelley - Toronto Argonauts
- Lapointe Announces Alumni Executive Committee - Montreal Alouettes
- Esks acquire Barranechea from 'Cats - Edmonton Eskimos
- Cats Land DB Jason Nedd - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Eskimos sign free agent trio - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.