AppleSox Lose Regular Season Finale
CORVALLIS, OR - The AppleSox dropped the final game of the regular season, 3-0, to the Corvallis Knights on Sunday afternoon at Goss Stadium.
Cameron Smith only allowed one run in 5.2 innings, but the AppleSox only collected four hits and we're shut out for the second time this summer.
Smith kept the game scoreless until three straight batters reached with two outs in the fifth and an infield single gave Corvallis the game-winning run. The Knights added two more runs in seventh to pick up the series sweep.
The AppleSox have Monday off before taking on the Victoria HarbourCats on Tuesday night in Game 1 of the North Division Championship Series of the West Coast League Playoffs at Paul Thomas Sr. Stadium at 6:35 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at AppleSox.com, at 610 N Mission St. #204 on Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or at the gate at Paul Thomas Sr. Stadium on Tuesday night. It's another $2 Off Tuesday, meaning that tickets are $2 off ($10 for premium, $5 for general admission) as are select concession items.
• Discuss this story on the West Coast League message board...
West Coast League Stories from August 11, 2019
- AppleSox Lose Regular Season Finale - Wenatchee AppleSox
- Falcons Season Finale against Bells Rained Out - Kelowna Falcons
- 'Cats Sweep Lefties for Eighth Straight Win, Set Another WCL Record - Victoria HabourCats
- Sweets Break Records and Bite Pippins - Walla Walla Sweets
- Sox Drop Penultimate Regular Season Game - Wenatchee AppleSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.