Anderson Returns to Huntsville
The Milwaukee Brewers announced today that OF Drew Anderson has agreed to terms to a Minor League contract nad has been assigned to Huntsville.
Anderson spent parts of the 2006-2007 seasons in Huntsville, batting .340 in 130 games with 54 RBI. In 2006, Anderson also appeared in 9 games with the Milwaukee Brewers. He spent the 2008 season with the Cincinatti Reds Triple-A affiliate Louisville Bats.
The Brewers also announced that Stars OF Charlie Fermaint has been released. Fermaint appeared in five games this season and was hitless in 10 at-bats.
Both moves are effective immediately. Anderson will be in uniform for tonight's game against the Mississippi Braves. First pitch is scheduled for 7pm, and tonight is a Sabrett Wienie Wednesday, fans will receive two Sabrett hot dogs for only $2.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 15, 2009
- Lookouts Turn Tables in Game Two, 10-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Mobile tops Carolina, 2-0 - Mobile BayBears
- Smokies fall to Barons in home opener, 6-2 - Tennessee Smokies
- Cardiac Kids Do it Again - Huntsville Stars
- New BayBears Website is Online - Mobile BayBears
- Ambriz Hurls BayBears to Shutout Win - Mobile BayBears
- Lookouts Beat Biscuits, 10-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Suns Blank Jaxx for Fourth Straight Win - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Jaxx shutout by Suns 3-0, on Wednesday afternoon - Jackson Generals
- Anderson Returns to Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- Jaxx Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Cozart, Buck Lift Carolina - Carolina Mudcats
- Stars Outlast Braves - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.