Amerks Close Regular Season Tonight Against Lake Erie
Rochester Americans vs. Lake Erie Monsters
Sunday, April 13, 2008 @ The Blue Cross Arena, AHL Game #1155
Game Notes: Tonight, the Rochester Americans close out their 2007-08 regular season with a North Division matchup as they host the Lake Erie Monsters in a North Division matchup at The Blue Cross Arena. The 6:05 p.m. contest can be heard live on Hot Talk 1280 WHTK, whtk.com and B2 networks. Tonight is Amerks Awards Night as the team will honor their top performers of the year.
Promotions: After the game, fans are invited to the Nathaniel's Pub at 251 Exchange Blvd. to enjoy the official postgame party. The game also falls on the last installment of the Amerks' Supercuts $6.00 Sunday. Kids 12 and under can purchase a Sunday ticket in the 100 and 200 end seating areas for just $6.00.
Head-to-Head: The contest is the sixth meeting between the divisional foes this season. Rochester looks to gain the edge in the season series over the Monsters tonight after posting a 2-2-1 record over the past five encounters between the squads. David Brine lifted the Amerks to 5-4 overtime win over Lake Erie in the most recent meeting on March 20th at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena.
Amerks Notes: Rochester (23-46-6-4, 56 points) enters the contest after dropping a 6-2 decision to the division leading Toronto Marlies yesterday afternoon at Ricoh Coliseum. Rookie forward Brady Calla recorded his first professional goal along with Dan Collins' fifth of the season to provide Rochester with its pair of goals. Mark Mancari will finish the season as the Amerks' top point-getter with 54 (19+35). First-year man Marc-Andre Gragnani follows closely with 51 points (14+37). His 51 points puts him in third in rookie scoring, while his 37 helpers are a team best. Second-year goaltender Adam Dennis 17-26-2 with a 3.18 goals-against average with shutouts in 44 games this season. Rochester is currently on pace to finish the season at the bottom of the American Hockey League.
Monsters Notes: Lake Erie (26-40-6-7, 65 points) comes into the Flower City currently riding a three-game losing streak, with the most recent coming in a 4-1 loss to the defending Calder Cup champion Hamilton Bulldogs last night on home ice. Lake Erie presently sits in sixth place in the North Division. Eric Healey paces Lake Erie's offense with 54 points (21+32), with Chris Stewart, young brother of Rochester Anthony Stewart, leading the team in goals with 25. Mike Wall has a 12-16-4 record with a 3.18 goals-against average in 33 appearances this season between the posts for the Monsters.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2008
- Krog wins AHL's scoring Triple Crown - AHL
- Aeros' duo wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Award - AHL
- Admirals Battle Wolves in Playoffs, Start Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Close Regular Season With 3-2 Win Over Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Clinch Home Ice in Calder Cup Playoffs - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL announces opening schedules for 2008 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Phantoms Announce Year-End Awards - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Battle Admirals in West Division Semifinal - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves clinch best record in western conference in final tune up before playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Krog wins AHL's scoring Triple Crown - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros' duo wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Award - Houston Aeros
- 'Dogs crunched in season finale - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers conclude season with a 3-2 loss to Connecticut rival - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose open Calder Cup playoffs Friday in Syracuse - Manitoba Moose
- Moose head to playoffs on winning notes - Manitoba Moose
- P-Bruins Fall To Devils 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks Thank Fans With 4-2 Win In Season Finale - Worcester Sharks
- Marlies Announce 2007-08 Individual Award Winners - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Close Regular Season Tonight Against Lake Erie - Rochester Americans
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Wolves Sign Esposito - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros In Three Way Tie For Third With One Game Left - Houston Aeros
- Stars Drop 4-1 Decision At Peoria - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.