American Association Game Recaps
June 21, 2019 - American Association (AA) News Release
St. Paul 15, Sioux Falls 13 (10 Innings) - Box Score
The St. Paul Saints built a 12-3 lead, saw the Sioux Fall Canaries fight all the way back to tie and then pulled away again in the top of the 10th inning for a 15-13 win.
RF Max Murphy struck the deciding blow as he hit a two-run home run in the top of the 10th inning. Murphy went 3-for-7 in the game and the blast was his 11th of 2019 and his fifth of this series. CF Dan Motl and SS Joey Wong also tallied three hits apiece in the game. DH Brady Shoemaker, 1B Devon Rodriguez and 3B Chesny Young each recorded a pair of hits.
For the Canaries, 2B Alay Lago went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and three runs scored including his fifth home run of the year. CF Brett Vertigan, RF Clint Coulter and SS Andrew Ely each had two hits on the night.
Lincoln 2, Milwaukee 1 (10 Innings) - Box Score
The Lincoln Saltdogs (16-17) walked off on the Milwaukee Milkmen in the 10th inning with the help of a wild pitch.
Lincoln struck first when DH Curt Smith singled to score 3B Christian Ibarra in the fourth inning. The Milkmen leveled the score in the fifth inning thanks to a sacrifice fly from 2B/CF Cesar Valera that scored RF Nolan Earley. The score stayed at 1-1 until the bottom of the 10th when CF Alex Glenn drew a walk and eventually scored on a wild pitch.
No played had more than one hit in the game for either team and the Saltdogs had just three on the night.
Sioux City 7, Kansas City 4 - Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers (17-17) broke a 4-4 tie with three runs in the top of the ninth and claimed a 7-4 win against the Kansas City T-Bones.
In the ninth, the Explorers loaded up the bases before the first out and 2B Drew Stankiewicz drew a walk that plated the first run of the rally. LF Sebastian Zawada hit into a double play in the next at-bat but 1B Adam Sasser scored in the process. C Dylan Kelly (2-for-4) doubled in the final run of the game.
CF Kyle Wren and SS Nate Samson each hit their third home runs of the season.
For the T-Bones, 1B Casey Gillaspie went 2-for-3 and CF Forrsett Allday had three RBIs.
Cleburne 7, Texas 3 - Box Score
The Cleburne Railroaders (15-18) put together a late surge to slide past the Texas AirHogs 7-3.
The Railroaders were trailing the AirHogs 3-1 after six innings but turned things around in the final frames. In the bottom of the seventh, 1B Jonathan Rodriguez (2-for-4) tied the score with a double that plated 2B Daniel Robertson and CF Zach Nehrir (2-for-4). In the eighth, 3B Grant Buck gave Cleburne the lead when he scored on a wild pitch. He would have scored either way as Robertson homered four pitches later, also plating C Logan Trowbridge.
Rodriguez added one more RBI with a single that scored Nehrir to close out the rally.
For the AirHogs, SS Josh Price went 2-for-4 with an RBI, 3B Luo Jinjun went 3-for-5 and DH Jonathan Moroney pitched in a pair of hits and a run scored.
Winnipeg 15, Chicago 1 - Box Score
The Winnipeg Goldeyes bats were hot on Thursday evening as they paved the way to a 15-1 win against the Chicago Dogs.
Eight different Goldeyes recorded at least one hit in the game including RF Willy Garcia and CF Reggie Abercrombie who each had a pair of hits including a home run. C Kevin Garcia finished the night with a team-high three hits and three RBIs. SS Wes Darvill also added a pair of hits and 3B Dominic Fiociello added a home run.
For the Dogs, their only run came when CF Tony Rosselli scored while DH David Olmedo-Barrera bounced into a double play in the third.
Fargo-Moorhead 2, Gary SouthShore 1 (7 Innings/Rain) - Box Score
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (18-14) took a rain-shortened affair with the Gary SouthShore RailCats 2-1.
All of the action took place in the second inning. In the top of the inning, SS Marcus Mooney lifted a sacrifice fly that plated C Danny De La Calle for the first run of the game. The RedHawks took the lead in the bottom half as SS Yhoxian Medina (2-for-2) singled home 1B Correlle Prime and RF Tim Colwell (2-for-3) pushed 2B Joe Becht across with another single.
For the RailCats, CF Evan Marzilli had a team-high two hits.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 21, 2019
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RedHawks Outduel Dogs for Fourth Straight Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Railroaders Spirited Comeback Felled by Walk-Off - Cleburne Railroaders
- T-Bones Walk off Railroaders in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Win Second Straight Behind Ibarra's Three Hits - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 'Cats Drop Fifth Straight Game in 2-1 Hearbreaking Loss to Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Jordan Twirls Another Masterpiece - Sioux City Explorers
- Pitching Prevails as Saints Capitalize on Late Error for 2-1 Win over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Cleburne Acquires Experienced Righty Johnson - Cleburne Railroaders
- 'Dogs Host Annual Homer's Heroes Game on Saturday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Cleburne Rallies Twice Past AirHogs - Cleburne Railroaders
- Lambson Goes Distance Again as Bats Explode against Dogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds Lose Series with Saints in Extras - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Set Franchise Record for Runs in a Series, Win 15-13 in 10 over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.