American Association Game Recaps
August 12, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Fargo-Moorhead 6, Sioux Falls 4- Box Score
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks topped the Sioux Falls Canaries 6-4 on Sunday.
The Canaries took a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the third via a Patrick Fiala home run. The RedHawks cut the deficit to one in the next frame when Leobaldo Pina hit a solo home run. Sioux Falls answered with another two-run inning in the bottom of the fifth, that was highlighted by a Dan Motl two-run single.
The Canaries looked set to finish off a four-game sweep before Fargo-Moorhead came alive in the top of the seventh, scoring one on a Yhoxian Medina double before adding another on a wild pitch and capping the inning with a two-run home run by Quinn Irey, his first as a professional.
Winnipeg 2, Chicago 1- Box Score
The Winnipeg Goldeyes edged the Chicago Dogs by a score of 2-1 on Sunday
Josh Romanski (2-for-4) hit an RBI single to make it 1-0 Goldeyes in the top of third. Then in the top of the fifth, Romanski hit another RBI single to make it 2-0.
Winnipeg's starting pitcher Brennan Bernadino (1-0) pitched six scoreless innings to earn the win in his first start with the Goldeyes.
The Dogs scored their lone run in the bottom of the seventh on a wild pitch.
Lincoln 10, Texas 3- Box Score
The Lincoln Saltdogs hit their way to a win over the Texas AirHogs on Sunday.
The Saltdogs collected 16 hits in the win, three were doubles (Christian Ibarra, Randolph Oduber, Ivan Marin), one was a triple (Curt Smith), and two were home runs (T.J. Bennett and Dashenko Ricardo)
Smith led the onslaught going 4-for-5 with three RBIs
Dillon Thomas hit his 13th homerun of the season for the AirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 12, 2018
- T-Bones Rally Late in Sioux City - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Fall Back into First Place Tie with 9-5 Defeat to Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Sing Their Redemption Song, Claim Series Victory with 9-5 Win over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- AirHogs Head Home After Finale Loss at Haymarket Park - Texas AirHogs
- Dogs Drop Series Finale to Goldeyes 2-1 - Chicago Dogs
- Big Innings Carry Saltdogs to Series Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Late RedHawks Rally Snaps Birds' Streak - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Beat Dogs in Close Pitching Duel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs Win Fourth Straight, Defeat Goldeyes 4-1 - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.