Alouettes Sign Jeff Perrett to New Three-Year Deal
Montreal, February 12, 2013 - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Tuesday that non-import offensive tackle Jeff Perrett has inked a new three-year deal with the club.
Perrett (6'7", 320 lbs.) signs just three days before the opening of the CFL's free agency period, the Alouettes' former third-round draft pick opting to stick with the only professional team he has known since first signing with Montreal in 2007.
Last season, the Lethbridge, AB native was a fixture on an offensive line which allowed just 30 sacks on quarterback Anthony Calvillo, tied for fewest in the league. His work in the trenches also helped Alouettes running backs average 5.0 yards per carry in 2012, with three different backs rushing for over 100 yards in a game over the course of the season.
"Today's signing allows us to go to camp with our offensive line intact from one year ago," explained Alouettes General Manager Jim Popp. "Jeff brings a massive, imposing figure to the right tackle position and is a very difficult player to get around to get to the quarterback. Jeff is one of our best leaders on and off the field and we thank him for choosing to stay with his team."
The 28-year-old played in 14 games in 2012, missing Weeks 11 through 14 with a hyperextended left knee.
Perrett is the fourth Canadian lineman to extend with the Alouettes this off-season, joining guards Andrew Woodruff, Kristian Matte and Ryan Bomben who also signed new deals over the winter.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Alouettes Sign Jeff Perrett to New Three-Year Deal - Montreal Alouettes
- Huclack Stays with Riders; Bodnar Signs - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Esks Give Stamps of Approval - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Add One, Release Four
- Alouettes Add 13 Players to Roster
- Montreal Alouettes to hold 2018 Spring Camp in Vero Beach, FL from April 16 to 18
- Linebacker Henoc Muamba Returns to the Alouettes
- Alouettes Sign Quarterback Justin Holman and Receiver Cameron Posey