Allen Ends Odessa's Season in Game Seven
(Odessa, TX) - For the second straight season the Odessa Jackalopes fall one game short of reaching their first-ever President's Cup Finals as they lost in game seven to the Allen Americans by a 4-2 final on Wednesday at the Ector County Coliseum. Allen wins the best-of-seven Southern Conference Finals, 4-3.
Colton Yellow Horn finished with a pair of goals for the Americans and Chris Whitley stopped 27 shots to put the Americans in the final round.
Tobias Whelan opened up the scoring with the only goal of the first period at 17:02 from the right circle to give Allen a 1-0 lead.
Colton Yellow Horn extend the Allen lead when his wrist shot from the left circle slipped past Joel Martin and trickled across the goal line at 5:04 to make it 2-0. Odessa then found the scoreboard with a power play goal from Collin Circelli at 15:22 as he tapped in a rebound after a Sebastien Thinel shot. The Americans regained the two-goal lead on an Odessa turnover at their blue line as Nino Musitelli scored in a crowd in front of the goal with 44 seconds remaining in the frame.
Yellow Horn added his second goal of the game on the power play at 6:35 of period three. Odessa pulled the goaltender in the closing minutes and Jeff Pierce scored with 27 seconds left for Odessa to cement the final score.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2010
- Rush Win Northern Conference Championship; Will Take on Allen Americans in President's Cup Finals - Rapid City Rush
- Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals Set Begins on Friday - CHL
- Allen Ends Odessa's Season in Game Seven - Odessa Jackalopes
- CHL Loyalty Rewards Program Welcomes Canadian Technical Tape - CHL
- Allen Set For Game Seven Tonight In Odessa - Allen Americans
- Jr. Streetkings Benefit From Jersey Auction - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Rush And Mudbugs Clash In Game Seven Tonight - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks' Season Ticket Prices Not Increasing For '10-11 - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.