All-IFL First-Teamer, RB Jones Re-Signs with Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have re-signed defending All-IFL first-team running back Mike Jones for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
RB Mike Jones (5'11", 210, Bethune-Cookman University) returns to Tucson for his second season in the IFL. After having dominated his rookie season with the Sugar Skulls, Jones was named the 2019 All-IFL first-team selection at running back. He led the league in rushing with 711 yards, despite missing two games. Jones also paced the Sugar Skulls with 25 touchdowns, while adding 32 receptions for 293 yards.
The Sarasota, FL native attended Bethune-Cookman University, where he led the team in rushing during his sophomore and senior years. Across a five-year career, including a redshirt season at BCU, Jones rushed for 1,842 yards and scored 21 touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from September 16, 2020
- Former IFL Offensive POY, RB Monroe Re-Signs with Rattlers - Arizona Rattlers
- All-IFL First-Teamer, RB Jones Re-Signs with Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Secondary Bolstered as DB Minter Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Dixie Wooten, Sugar Skulls Agree to Two-Year Extension
- Experienced Center Schonbrunner Signs with Sugar Skulls
- All-IFL First-Teamer, RB Jones Re-Signs with Tucson
- Former Bills DB Harley Signed by Sugar Skulls