All-AFL Defensive Back Rejoins Sharks
The Jacksonville Sharks announce All-AFL defensive back Micheaux Robinson returns for 2011.
Robinson (5'9, 175, Otterbein) rejoins the Sharks for his third season in the Arena Football League. Robinson, named to the second-team all-AFL in 2010, completed his best season in the AFL for the Sharks. Robinson started 13-of-16 regular season games and the playoff game, all at defensive back.
"Im excited to continue to be a Shark," commented Robinson. "I can't wait to get back on the field in Jacksonville and make some big plays for the best fans in the league. I'm ready to win another [South Division] title and get that ArenaBowl trophy in 2011."
In his 14 games of 2010, Robinson tallied 82 tackles (64 solo) and was second in the league with 23 passes defended. Robinson finished the season with eight interceptions (fourth best in the league) and three fumble recoveries. Robinson was nominated for Defensive Player of the Week in Weeks 6 and 17 and was Week 17's Playmaker of the Week.
The Jacksonville Sharks are members of the Arena Football League (AFL). The reigning South Division Champions play all home games on Sea Best Field at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. The Sharks return to action in March of 2011 for a sophomore season. Season tickets for the 2011 season are now available. To reserve your season tickets, group tickets, or for more information please call (904) 621-0700.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from September 27, 2010
- Blaze Add Four Players - Utah Blaze
- Rogers and Marsh Return to Spokane; Smith, Ferguson, Dodd-Masters and Maka Added - Spokane Shock
- All-AFL Defensive Back Rejoins Sharks - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks Ink New Receiver - Jacksonville Sharks
- Philadelphia Soul Sign Donovan Morgan - Philadelphia Soul
- Littell Yard Dawgz High School Athlete of the Week - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Cleveland Gladiators Announce Open Player Tryout Date - Cleveland Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.