Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Sign Defenseman Tim Hambly
Omaha, NE - The Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights announced today that they have signed defenseman Tim Hambly to a one-year American Hockey League contract. As per club policy, terms and conditions of the deal were not disclosed.
"Tim made great strides during his first professional season," said Doug Soetaert, Ak-Sar-Ben Knights' president and assistant general manager of the Calgary Flames. "He made a smooth transition to the American Hockey League and became a valuable member of our defensive corps. We're looking forward to his continued development next season."
Hambly played in 47 AHL games last season, 45 with the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights and two with the Iowa Stars. He earned all of his points, a goal and sixteen assists, while with the Knights. He finished with 37 total penalty minutes. He scored his first AHL goal on the powerplay at Toronto on February 25, 2006. He began his rookie season with the Las Vegas Wranglers, the Knights' affiliate in the ECHL, where he had nine goals and twelve assists for 21 points in 31 games. The native of White Bear Lake, Minnesota earned a regular spot in the Omaha lineup following his recall from Las Vegas on January 4, 2006.
Before turning pro, Hambly played four years of college hockey at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
Season tickets and 22-Game Mini Plans for the 2006-2007 season are on sale now. Season tickets start as low as $10 per seat per game. For more information on pricing and benefits, visit the Knights' office at the Omaha Civic Auditorium or call (402) 344-4625. Ticket information is also available on-line at omahaaksarbenknights.com. Group ticket information will be available following the release of 2006-2007 regular season schedule in early August.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 23, 2006
- Iowa's Assistant Captain Helps Edmonton Win - Iowa Chops
- Pirates rally to beat Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sims to Return as Admirals Broadcaster - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Promote From Within - Manchester Monarchs
- Ryan and Pirates to Play Game Five - AHL
- SummerScribes '06 kicks off Friday - Houston Aeros
- Bears look to punch Calder Cup Finals ticket tonight - Hershey Bears
- Hoffa joins Griffins ticket sales - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Sign Defenseman Tim Hambly - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.