AirHogs get ready for last Homestand of the regular season
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas The Grand Prairie AirHogs open a three-game series with the Lincoln Saltdogs Saturday night, Aug. 31 at QuikTrip Park at 7:05 p.m. There are all kinds of unique promotions set for the weekend series. For tickets, fans can call 972-504-9383 or visit AirHogsBaseball.com.
Upcoming Series against the Lincoln Saltdogs, Aug. 31 Sept. 2, at QuikTrip Park
Saturday, August 31 at 7:05 p.m. Its Fireworks Night at QuikTrip Park as there is a big post-game fireworks show slated. Its also Strikeout Childhood Cancer Night sponsored by Cook Childrens. Players will be wearing special jerseys that will be auctioned off during a silent auction during the game. Its also Whats in Your Attic Night sponsored by Regent Pawn & Jewelry. They will have a booth set up and people can bring collectibles and see what they are worth, but they cant buy or sell anything at the game. Anyone bringing an item to get evaluated can buy a ticket to the game for just $5.
Sunday, Sept. 1 at 6:05 p.m. Its Family Sunday with $1 tickets, $1 dollar hot dogs and $1 Pepsi products. Parents can play catch on the field before the game with their kids and then youngsters get to run the bases after the game. Its also Military Appreciation Night sponsored by Texas Army National Guard as the AirHogs will honor veterans during the game. Any active, retired or anyone who has served in the military will get a free ticket to the game when they show their military ID. Its also Strikeout Hunger Night sponsored by Grand Prairie United Charities. Anyone donating non perishable food products will get a free ticket to the game. Grand Prairie United Charities will have a table set up at the main gate collecting food items.
Monday, Sept. 2 at 2:05 p.m. Its Fan Appreciation Day with $2 tickets and free prizes handed out during the game.
AirHogs pitcher Patrick Mincey was named the American Association Relief Pitcher of the Year. Mincey has a record of 5-1 this season with a 1.06 ERA to go along with 22 saves. The RHP has been outstanding out of the bullpen all season striking out 54 while only walking 12 in 50.2 innings of work.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2013
- RailCats Earn Wild Card with 7-4 over El Paso - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Kahaulelio Leads Wingnuts Past T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Gomez Goes Yard But Hogs Take Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Break League Record for Wins - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Lose Seventh Straight at Home, Blanked 4-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 31st, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Gonzalez Named SS All-Star - El Paso Diablos
- Brian Peterson Makes AA All-Star Team - Laredo Lemurs
- AirHogs get ready for last Homestand of the regular season - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Gac Strokes Game-Winner as 'Dogs Win Exciting Home Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs