AirHogs Fall to Amarillo 10-7
Amarillo- Coming off of their first win of the season, the Grand Prairie AirHogs fell behind and couldn't come back against the Amarillo Sox losing 10-7. The AirHogs had the lead 2-0 in the top of the sixth. The bottom of the sixth the AirHogs gave up five runs and never regained the lead. Four of the five runs came off of Jared Mortensen who got the loss for the AirHogs. Mortensen also registered five strikeouts for his 5.1 innings. Derrick Miramontes also pitched for the AirHogs and gave up two runs.
The AirHogs scored once in the fourth, sixth, and eighth. Then they scored four in the top of the ninth but it was not enough. Contributing in these runs was a homerun by Andres Rodriguez, his first of the year. Aaron King and Kenny Held each got an RBI each.
The AirHogs and the Sox will finish up their series tomorrow at 7:05 P.M. The AirHogs are hoping to win their first series of the year after winning game one.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 25, 2013
- Saints Can't Spell R-E-L-I-E-F, Lose 7-4 - St. Paul Saints
- RAIN OUT: Sox drop series to the Airhogs - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Laredo Remains Undefeated with 6-2 win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Giammanco Pitches Lemurs to 9-0 - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Sign Catcher Susini - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - May 25th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Fall to Amarillo 10-7 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- [Sioux Falls] Canaries Activate Clegg; Make Additional Roster Moves - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs