AirHogs Burned by the Diablos
El Paso- After scoring 11 Saturday night the AirHogs offense could not match it Sunday night at they fall 5-2 at Cohen Stadium. The Diablos tie the four-game series at 1-1. Going 2-for-3 in the game was Ryan Pineda raising his batting average to .311. Also above .300 is Brandon Pinckney who went 2-for-4 and is sitting at .304 for the season. Pinckney and Pineda scored the two runs for the AirHogs. Juan Richardson hit a single in the first inning that drove Pinckney across.
Josh Strawn was the losing pitcher for the AirHogs, who went six innings and gave up five runs. Jakob Cunningham and Justin Dowdy combined for the last two innings. Both pitchers gave up two hits but no runs.
The AirHogs and the Diablos meet up again Monday night at 7:05 P.M. at Cohen Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 8, 2013
- RailCats Take Series from Winnipeg - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos make it back to back wins against Grand Prairie, winning 6-5 - El Paso Diablos
- Canaries Filled with Regret as 'Dogs Win Another - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Explorers Rally for 4-3 Win over RedHawks - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Home Win Streak Is Snapped at Seven in 5-2 Loss to T-Bones - St. Paul Saints
- Explorers' Three-Run Ninth Caps Off Rally - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Shuttle Service Announced - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes OF Graham Returns from Mexico - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Padgett Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Williamson Earns American Association Pitcher of the Week Honors - Laredo Lemurs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 8th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Burned by the Diablos - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs