Admirals Host Iowa in Game 5 Monday
Milwaukee, WI - The Admirals will play host to the Iowa Wild on Monday night in a winner-take-all game five of their Central Division Semifinal series. Puck drop is slated for 7 pm at Panther Arena.
The Wild won the first two games of the series, outscoring the Admirals 13-1 in two games in Des Moines. However, with their backs to the wall the Admirals gutted out two gutsy wins back in Milwaukee, defeating Iowa 3-1 on Thursday night in game three and then 5-4 in overtime on Friday night, courtesy of Freddy Allard's goal at 12:33 of OT.
Admirals Coach Karl Taylor, along with players, will be available to the media at approximately 10:20 am on Monday after the team's morning skate at Panther Arena.
Tickets for game five, which range in price from $8 to $30, are on sale now either online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com or by calling the Admirals office at (414)-227-0550. The Admirals office is will be open at 9 am on Monday morning for fans to purchase tickets.
This will be the eighth winner-take-all game for the Admirals since the team joined the AHL in 2001. The Ads have posted a 3-4 record in the previous seven. The last time they played in one was back in the second round of their 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs when they dropped a 4-2 decision in game 7 to the Houston Aeros, who were also the Minnesota Wild affiliate at the time.
The winner of game five will take on either the Chicago Wolves or Grand Rapids Griffins, who play a decisive game 5 on Sunday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 28, 2019
- Wolves Eliminate Grand Rapids - Chicago Wolves
- Game 5 Loss Ends Griffins' Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Host Iowa in Game 5 Monday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Condors Advance to Pacific Division Finals in Front of Record Crowd, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado's Playoff Run Ends in 5-2 Loss to Condors in Game Four - Colorado Eagles
- Condors and Gulls to Meet in Pacific Division Finals - Bakersfield Condors
- San Diego Gulls Announce Pacific Division Finals Schedule - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.