Aces see rally fall just short
Amarillo, Texas - July 3, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces nearly put together a come-from-behind victory, but fell short losing 6-5 to the Amarillo Dillas Thursday at the Amarillo National Bank Dilla Villa. Trailing 6-4 entering the ninth, Albert Gonzalez led the inning off with a pinch-hit single to left. Two batters later, Bryan Sabatella singled Gonzalez home on an RBI single. Luis Guance flied out to left and Selwyn Langaigne struck out to end the game. The Dillas took the lead 6-4 in the seventh. With one out, Jonathan Reynoso hit his second home run of the series to give the Dillas a 5-4 lead. Amarillo added its final run with Danny Bravo singling home Keith Brachold. Dillas starter Micah Posey got his league-leading ninth win of the year going seven innings and giving up four runs and striking out seven. Alexandria put together four runs in the second to take an early 4-1 lead. With one out, Andre Marshall singled and stole second. After Homy Ovalles popped out, Posey issued back-to-back walks to Eddie Fitzpatrick and Sabatella to load the bases. Then, Guance and Langaigne each hit singles that scored two runs to give the Aces the 4-1 lead. The Dillas cut the lead to just one run in the bottom of the second. With one out and a runner on first, Brian Bueno tripled down the line in right driving in Stephen Douglas. Bueno then scored on a groundout by Josh Ashton pulled the Dillas within one. Amarillo tied the game 4-4 in the fifth when Brachold doubled and scored on an RBI single by Gary Schneidmiller. The Aces will continue their four-game series with the Dillas Friday as the Aces' Alejandro Martinez will face Josh Smith of the Dillas. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 3, 2008
- Errors cost Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Aces see rally fall just short - Alexandria Aces
- Tonight's Game Postponed Due to Rain - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes Take Game 1 from Colts - Edinburg Roadrunners
- WhiteWings-Broncos Rained Out - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos win rain shortened game against Edinburg - Laredo Broncos
- VanAsselberg Named ULB All-star Manager - ULB
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th