Aces fall to Coyotes
Alexandria, La. - June 5, 2008 - The eighth inning Thursday night at Bringhurst field told most of the story at the Alexandria Aces and Edinburg Coyotes combined for seven runs in an 8-7 victory for the Aces. Going into the eighth, the Aces led 5-3. With one out, Amado German walked followed by a Nick Aranda single. An RBI-double by Angelo Fermin, scoring German, tied the game 4-4. With runners on second and third, Gary Roche hit a two-run single to give the Coyotes a two-run lead. After Roche stole second, Daryl Jones finished the scoring by singling home Roche. Going into the bottom of the eighth, Edinburg had a 7-5 lead. The Aces responded by scoring three runs in the bottom of the inning. Bryan Sabatella hit his second double of the game with one out to get things going for the Aces. After Sabatella stole third and Eddie Fitzpatrick walked, Albert Gonzalez hit an RBI-single to left to score Sabatella. Blake Butler followed with another run-scoring single to tie the game. Then, Selwyn Langaigne hit a groundball that went through the legs of the shortstop Fermin, allowing Gonzalez to score the game-winning run. Aces starter Wayne Hedden had a solid outing in his second start. He worked six innings giving up just three runs striking out seven in a no decision. Sabatella ended the day going 3-4 with a triple and two doubles. The Aces and Coyotes continue their three-game series Friday with Alexis Sosa going for the Aces and John Maschino for the Coyotes. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 5, 2008
- Fox leads Colts past Harlingen - San Angelo Colts
- Aces fall to Coyotes - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos Blown Out By Dillas in Amarillo - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes' Woes Continues - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Fox Hits & Pitches WhiteWings Past Colts - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th