Aces drop 9-4 decision
Alexandria, LA Wednesday August 15, 2007- The Aces got out hit 15 to 6 tonight in front of 1,364 fans at Bringhurst Field and lost by the score of 9-4.
Caleb Rodgers lasted 6.0 innings, allowing four runs on five hits, while striking out five and walking just one to pick up the victory for the Colts. Rodgers (3-1), making his firts appearance against the Aces this season, threw 103 pitches, 65 for strikes. Taylor Fleming worked the final 3.0 innings in scoreless fashion, allowing one hit and walking one for his first professional save of his short career.
Aces starter Frank James worked 6.2 innings, allowing nine runs (seven earned) on 12 hits, while walking two ans striking out two. James (9-5) allowed four runs in the first inning, and the Colts never trailed after that. Juan Carlos Ovalles worked another scorless 1.1 inning in relief, allowing three hits and fanning three. Justin Dowdy worked the ninth in perfect fashion once again, striking out the side in a non save situation.
Richard Paz was 2-for-3 with a solo home run, his 10th of the season, and two runs scored to lead the Aces. Josh Tranum added a multiple hit game with a 2-for-4 performance to extend his home hitting streak to 22 games and his on base streak to 28 games, one shy of the season high.
The Aces managed only 6 hits off of Colts pitching, and look to even the series tomorrow night.
The loss drops the Aces to 58-34 overall and 31-12 in the second half.
With the win the Colts improve to 43-49 overall and 21-21 in the second half.
Tomorrow's Probable Starters: ALX-- Adam Frey SAN-- Darryll Roque
Next home game:Thursday August 16, 2007. KLAX and Tiger 104.3 Shirt off your Back Night and All Star Toyota Thirsty Thursday.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 15, 2007
- Bergstrom does in Coyotes - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts win second in a row, defeat Aces 9-4 - San Angelo Colts
- Broncos Buck Dillas - Amarillo Dillas
- Aces drop 9-4 decision - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th