Aces double up Dillas, 4-2
Alexandria, La. - June 15, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces completed a feat that no other United League team has done this season-beat the Amarillo Dillas two straight times. The Aces defeated the Dillas 4-2 Sunday night at Bringhurst Field behind some great pitching and timely hitting by the Aces. Aces starter Wayne Hedden lasted 6.1 innings and struck out seven only giving up two runs before leaving with an apparent back injury. The bullpen picked up where Hedden left off. Ronald Ramirez went 1.2 innings allowing just one hit and striking out one and Alejandro Martinez picked up his first save of the year by pitching a perfect ninth. The Aces scored first with three runs in the third. Albert Gonzalez led the inning off by drawing a walk and was safe at second on an error by shortstop Danny Bravo that allowed Jose Umbria to reach. Tyler Farrar then singled when trying to lay down a bunt. The ball went to third baseman Gary Schneidmiller but no one was covering first so the bases were loaded. Bryan Sabatella then grounded into a double play, but Gonzalez scored to give the Aces the early lead. Homy Ovalles then hit a two-run homer to left to give the Aces the 3-0 lead. The Aces added another run in the fourth on an RBI groundout by Jose Umbria. The Aces will go for the sweep Monday when Alexis Sosa goes against the Dillas' Taylor Allen. Game time is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Monday June 16th vs. Amarillo. Ladies Night. Women get in two-for-one.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 15, 2008
- Broncos Plate Five in 11th to Beat WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Have Big 11th Inning in 14-9 Victory Over WhiteWings - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes' Pitching Fails - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts bats explode for 21-8 Father's Day blowout - San Angelo Colts
- Aces double up Dillas, 4-2 - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th