8.30.17 Tyler Austin Homers in RailRiders' Victory
Tyler Austin Homers in RailRiders' Victory
Matt Holliday Reaches Thrice in Second Rehab Game
Moosic, Pa. - The SWB RailRiders (Triple-A/ New York Yankees) doubled up the Rochester Red Wings 8-4 on Wednesday night at PNC Field. The RailRiders (86-50) improved to 11-5 against the Red Wings (77-60) with their third straight triumph in the series.
Domingo German (7-2) took home his third straight winning decision after holding the Red Wings to two runs on four hits over five innings. The right-hander walked three and struck out four.
SWB broke a scoreless tie with four runs in the fourth inning off Stephen Gonsalves (1-2). Ji-Man Choi highlighted the frame with a two-run double. Billy McKinney and Wilkin Castillo also produced run-scoring singles.
After the Red Wings plated three runs in the sixth, the RailRiders put the game away with a four-run seventh. Miguel Andujar lifted a sacrifice fly to deep center that scored Cito Culver for a 5-3 advantage. The decisive blow came one pitch later when Tyler Austin jumped on the first pitch and boomed a three-run homer to left for an 8-3 lead.
Matt Holliday walked twice and finished 1-for-3 as the designated hitter in his second game on the rehab assignment.
Donovan Solano finished 2-for-4 with a double and owns 16 multi-hit showings in his last 34 games.
Andujar extended his hitting streak to 14 games with a 2-for-3 night.
The 2017 IL North Division Champion RailRiders look to finish their regular season home schedule at PNC Field with a win against the Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins) on Thursday, August 31 at 7:05 p.m. Right-hander Chance Adams (11-4, 2.63) gets the nod. The first 2,500 fans through the gates received an Aaron Judge Baby Bomber bobblehead, presented by Red Robin! Thursday night's game will also be Fan Appreciation Night at PNC Field! For tickets or more information, please call 570-969-BALL (2255) or visit swbrailriders.com.
- SWB RailRiders Baseball - The Place to Be! -
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 30, 2017
- 8.30.17 Tyler Austin Homers in RailRiders' Victory - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Travis Lifts PawSox to Thrilling 7-5 Win in 12 Innings - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs Fall to IronPigs, 7-4, Wednesday - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rhys Hoskins Sweeps IL Postseasons Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 8.30.17 Tyler Wade Named Postseason All-Star - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Ozzie Albies Name International League Postseason All-Star - Gwinnett Stripers
- Pedro Alvarez Named to International League All-Star Tea - Norfolk Tides
- Garver, Granite Named International League Postseason All-Stars - Rochester Red Wings
- 8.30.17 Brault Named IL's Most Valuable Pitcher for 20 - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Postseason All-Stars, Award Winners Announced - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- Two New Ticketing Offers Available at PNC Field
- Nine Things You Need to Know
- First Wave of 2018 Legends Series Set
- Adopt-A-Field Program Nomination Forms Available Now
- SWB RailRiders 2018 Single-Game Tickets on Sale March 17