67's Finish off Road Trip with Second Win in as Many Days
SARNIA - The Ottawa 67's rounded out their three-in-four road trip with a nice win over the Sarnia Sting, by a score of 6-3. Joseph Garreffa scored twice following a hat trick performance the night before, while Ottawa's other goals were added by Mitch Hoelscher, Marco Rossi (twice) and Adam Varga.
It was an eventful first period, with a total of four goals coming in the opening twenty. Three of those goals came from the 67's; Joseph Garreffa scored the game's first goal three minutes in, before Mitch Hoelscher made it 2-0. Sean Josling cut Ottawa's lead in half, but Marco Rossi would go on to make it 3-1 ahead of the second period.
Both teams would trade two goals each during the second. Garreffa struck early once again with a goal 37 seconds in. Things would remain calm until the final three minutes of the period, as Sarnia's Jacob Perreault scored two quick goals, making it 4-3 before the two sides headed to the locker room, but Marco Rossi had other plans, as he restored Ottawa's two goals lead with two seconds left in the period.
The only goal scored in the third and final period would come from the stick of newcomer Adam Varga, giving him his first goal in a Barber Pole uniform in his third game with the club.
This would round out the 67's week end road trip, giving them two wins in three games. Ottawa will be back in front of their home fans on Thursday, November 21st when they host the Sudbury Wolves as soon as 10:00 AM for their annual School Day Game.
With a hat trick and an assist on Saturday night, as well as two goals and two assists on Sunday afternoon, Joseph Garreffa has eight points in his last two games.
Cedrick Andree made 22 saves for his second win in as many days.
Marco Rossi now has 32 points in 16 games, posting an average of 2 points per game.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 17, 2019
- Troops End Losing Streak - North Bay Battalion
- 67's Double up on Sting 6-3 in Sunday Afternoon Clash - Sarnia Sting
- 67's Finish off Road Trip with Second Win in as Many Days - Ottawa 67's
- Otters Climb to Top of Midwest Division with Point in Shootout Loss - Erie Otters
- Finishing off a Strong Weekend - Mississauga Steelheads
- Bertuzzi's Dramatic Overtime Winner Pushes Bulldogs Past Wolves - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Lose to the Knights in London, 5-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Sting Set to Welcome 67's in Sunday Matinee - Sarnia Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa 67's Stories
- COVID-19 Concerns Force Cancellation of Entire OHL Season Including Playoffs
- 67's Rossi, Andree and Cranley Honoured by OHL
- 67's Regular Season Ends as OHL Cancels 2019-2020 Campaign
- OHL Suspends Remainder of Regular Season
- 67's Notch Second Straight 50-Win Season with a Tuesday Night Gain over Niagara