2021-22 Wings Captain: Kyle Gaffney
Kyle Gaffney, a veteran forward, has been named the team's captain for the 2021-22 hockey season.
Gaffney, who hails from Plymouth, MI, is in his second year in Aberdeen. After recovering from an injury early in the 2020-21 season, he powered back to score three goals and added 18 assists, and finished the year +23 in 45 games played. For his efforts in the regular season, Gaffney was named to the NAHL's Central Division All-Rookie Team.
In the 2021 Robertson Cup playoffs, he scored four goals and notched three assists in eleven games played, including an overtime goal that secured the Central Division Championship, as well as a game-winning goal in the Robertson Cup semifinals.
The University of Alaska-Fairbanks commit has two goals and three assists in four games played in the 2021-22 season.
"He leads by example," Wings head coach Steve Jennings said. "He cares for his teammates and the people around him. He is a great role model for his teammates and is the ultimate Wing."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 20, 2021
- Riddle Named Bauer NAHL Central Star of the Week - Austin Bruins
- NAHL Showcase Recap - El Paso Rhinos
- NAHL Announces Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Jr. Blues Finish Strong at 2021 NAHL Showcase - Springfield Jr. Blues
- 2021-22 Wings Captain: Kyle Gaffney - Aberdeen Wings
- Aaron Smith Named General Manager of Business Operations - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.