2019 NHL Draft Attack Preview
The 2019 NHL Draft is slated to take place this Friday and Saturday in Vancouver, British Columbia. The 1st round begins on Friday night at 8 p.m., while rounds 2-7 will begin on Saturday at 1 p.m. ET.
Moritz Seider, an Owen Sound Import selection, is expected to go in the first round of the draft. The German defenseman was taken 105th overall last year by the Attack. He went on to win Rookie of the Year honours in Germany's DEL and is widely considered to be one of the best defenseman available in the draft.
Mack Guzda ended the season ranked 25th on NHL Central Scouting's list of North American goaltenders after beginning the season 15th. The 6'5 netminder offers NHL teams a mix of size and potential, and is expected to be a late round pick on Saturday. Guzda played in 49 games this past season in the OHL, recording a 3.63 GAA with a 20-19-1 record.
Andrew Perrott will also offer intrigue NHL franchises with his blend of size and puck moving ability. The big defenseman has gained recognition for his ability to throw a big hit and willingness to work hard in the corners. Perrott scored 3 goals and added 7 assists after being acquired from the London Knights at the trade deadline in January. Teams will also be familiar with his big league bloodlines, Andrew's father Nathan played 89 games across 4 seasons.
Since 2010, the Owen Sound Attack have seen 27 players drafted into the NHL, the 4th highest total across the Canadian Hockey League. Last year, Sean Durzi and Aidan Dudas were selected, and in 2017 a record 6 Attack players were picked by NHL teams, led by Nick Suzuki at 13th overall.
The highest Attack draft pick was Bobby Ryan in 2005, selected 2nd overall by the Anaheim Ducks.
Follow the Attack on Twitter and Instagram at @AttackOHL or on Facebook for live updates on the NHL draft all weekend long!
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 20, 2019
- Nick Robertson Named to USA Hockey's World Junior Summer Showcase Roster - Peterborough Petes
- Wilde, Jenkins, Prospect Turcotte Named to USA Hockey World Jr. Summer Selection Camp - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Set for 2019 NHL Entry Draft - London Knights
- 2019 NHL Draft Attack Preview - Owen Sound Attack
- 2019 NHL Entry Draft Will be Held this Weekend in Vancouver - Oshawa Generals
- Single Game Tickets On-Sale Tomorrow - Soo Greyhounds
- Jacob Ingham Season in Review - Mississauga Steelheads
- Hounds Pipeline Produces New Crop of NHL Draft Hopefuls - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.