RHP Ricky Orta Joins Thunder, Marshall Hits DL
(Trenton, NJ) - The Trenton Thunder, Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, announced Tuesday that RHP Ricky Orta has been transferred to the team from the Short-Season A Staten Island roster. RHP Brett Marshall has been placed on the disabled list with left leg bursitis.
Orta, 27, was signed by the Yankees on June 5 as a minor league free agent. Originally a fourth-round draft pick by the Seattle Mariners in 2006 out of the University of Miami, Orta has been injured for most of the last two seasons. He had Tommy John surgery in 2010 that kept him out of action for the season, then a shoulder injury in 2011 wh ile pitching for the Rays organization that limited him to four games.
Marshall leads the team in wins with seven and has a 2.99 ERA.
Eastern League Stories from June 19, 2012
- B-Mets Start Roadtrip with Two Losses, 6-4 & 4-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Aeros Claim Two Wins from B-Mets - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Blowout Senators 14-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Mesa's Hit Lifts Thunder Past Squirrels, 3-2 - Trenton Thunder
- 'Wolves Drop Series Opener to Baysox - Erie SeaWolves
- Curve Don't Monkey Around in Win over 'Cats - Altoona Curve
- Jenkins Dazzles 8th Largest Crowd in 6-1 Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Squirrels a Rally Short in Opener, 3-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Bats Bounce Back - Bowie Baysox
- RHP Ricky Orta Joins Thunder, Marshall Hits DL - Trenton Thunder
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Trenton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats-Big Y Kids Health Wellness Program - New Britain Rock Cats
- Moves made prior to tonight's series opener with Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Get Twins Outfield Prospect Arcia - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Akron Aeros - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Host Hockey for Hope Night - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.