Hot-Shooting Swarm Subdue Mad Ants
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm shot a blistering 52 percent from the field, including 43 percent on three-pointers, to hand the Fort Wayne Mad Ants a, 118-102, defeat at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex on Wednesday night. Guard Damien Wilkins posted a game-high 20 points, eight rebounds and six assists in his first appearance with the Swarm this season.
The Swarm (11-22) held the lead after the first quarter and never looked back, outscoring the Mad Ants, 93-80, the final three quarters. Guard Terry Henderson had a productive first half, scoring 12 of his 18 points by intermission. All of Henderson's points on the night came from deep range, finishing 6-of-11 from beyond the arc.
Greensboro's two-way players Marcus Paige and Mangok Mathiang each scored 18 points as well. Paige crafted a quality performance with seven assists and six rebounds in 37 minutes. Mathiang bruised his way in 28 minutes with five rebounds and two highlight reel blocks.
Mad Ants (20-15) had forward DeQuan Jones lead all scorers with 29 points on 12-for-18 shooting. Guard Walter Lemon Jr. recorded his 21st game of 20-plus points with 24 points, six rebounds and five assists. Fort Wayne shot 49 percent for the game but was just 6-of-23 (26 percent) on three pointers. Meanwhile, Greensboro went 15-for-35 from deep.
Swarm forward Sam Thompson also scored in double figures, adding 16 points and eight rebounds off the bench. Greensboro's bench outscored Fort Wayne's, 36-19.
The Swarm continue its three games in a four-day stretch with a back-to-back this weekend. On Friday the Lakeland Magic visit the Fieldhouse for a 7 p.m. ET tip. Greensboro follows by hosting the Erie BayHawks on Saturday, also at 7 p.m. ET.
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Military Night February 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Memphis Hustle to host Faith and Family Night presented by Belhaven University - Memphis Hustle
- Bighorns Get Win in Pacific Divison Matchup - Reno Bighorns
- South Bay Falls to Reno in Back-And-Forth Battle - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Hold on against Bulls as Nnoko and Felder Star - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hot-Shooting Swarm Subdue Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Lakeland Magic Top the Herd at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Detroit Pistons Assign Brice Johnson to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Derrick Jones Jr. Re-Joins Heat - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.