Mavericks Sign Brandon SmithDecember 31, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
Forward Brandon Smith played for the Mavericks in their 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, participating in a total of 109 games, notching 16 goals, 33 assists and 57 penalty minutes.
The 6'0", 205lb Pepper Pike, Ohio native has been signed to a standard player contract and will make his return debut to the Mavs tonight at the Independence Events Center against the Tulsa Oilers.
"Brandon Smith is a player we would have loved to have back in our line-up at the beginning of the season, but he was unable to be with us at the start of the year," says Mavericks Head Coach Scott Hillman. "We have been playing short for a few weeks and Brandon will add a lot of energy on the ice, along with his flexibility to play both forward and defense. We are excited to add him to our roster today."
Smith will be wearing number 8 for the Mavericks.
The Missouri Mavericks have returned home for their New Year's Eve match-up with the Tulsa Oilers tonight. The Mavericks invite all of their fans to join them for a special Skate with the Team event following the game. Sign-up at the promotions table behind section 109, spots are limited!
Central Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2013
- Cutthroats End 2013 with a Win - Denver Cutthroats
- Thunder Lose to Allen on New Year's Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Close 2013 with 4-2 Loss in Missouri - Tulsa Oilers
- Day Chief Hat Trick Carries Rush over Chill - St. Charles Chill
- Sundogs Sign Proven Goal Scorer David Rutherford - Arizona Sundogs
- $1 Dog/$1 Beer Night Presented by 97X Returns When Mallards Meet St. Charles Friday - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Sign Brandon Smith - Missouri Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.