Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael WilliamsMay 23, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Toronto Argonauts Press Release
Drafted 10th overall in the 2005 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, Williams spent five seasons with the Lions, Oakland Raiders and Seattle Seahawks. In his five years, he played 56 games, accumulating 127 receptions for 1,526 yards and five touchdowns. Williams' sophomore season was his most impressive as in 14 games he made 65 catches for 751 yards and two touchdowns.
Williams was a dominant college receiver. As a two-year starter at the University of Southern California, he played in 26 games and totalled 176 receptions for 2,579 yards and 30 touchdowns.
The Toronto Argonauts are North America's oldest professional football club, celebrating their 140th anniversary in 2013. As Toronto's #1 community team through player involvement and community programs, the Toronto Argonauts, a member of the Canadian Football League (CFL), have 16 Grey Cup championships to their credit. For 2013 season ticket, single game and group sales packages, please contact the sales team at (416) 341-ARGO. For more information on the Toronto Argonauts Football Club, please visit argonauts.ca .
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.