All Systems Go for Fanfest
The Calgary Stampeders would like to remind everyone that their annual fan event - Fanfest, presented by Nissan - will be held this Saturday at McMahon Stadium. Regardless of the weather, the activities will be held on the McMahon field with tents providing cover if needed.
Fanfest begins with a free pancake breakfast in the East parking lot of McMahon Stadium at 8:30 a.m. The stadium gates open at 9:30 a.m., with fun-filled family activities being held on the field. Stampeders players and coaches will be in attendance to sign autographs and answer questions from fans.
At 9:45 a.m., head coach and general manager John Hufnagel will take part in a Q&A session with spectators. He'll be followed by three members of his coaching staff - offensive coordinator Dave Dickenson, defensive coordinator Rick Campbell and special-teams coordinator Mark Kilam. After that, University of Calgary Dinos head Blake Nill and Calgary Colts head coach John Stevens will take centre stage.
Fanfest will provide fans with the opportunity to meet members of the Calgary Stampeder Outriders, get their picture taken with Quick Six the Stampeders Touchdown Horse and pose for photos with the Grey Cup.
Keon Raymond, the winner of the Presidents' Ring - which goes to the Stampeders player who best demonstrates excellence on and off the field - will officially be honoured at Fanfest.
Fanfest is also the first opportunity for Stamps fans to pick up their 2013 season tickets. The Stampeders' Ticket Office will be open at 9 a.m. The Stamps Store will also be open at 9 a.m. as fans get their first look at the new 2013 merchandise.
Stampeders season tickets are on sale now for the 2013 season. For more information, visit Stampeders.com or call 403-289-0258 to speak with a customer service representative.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.