Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with RidersMay 23, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Hamilton Tiger-Cats Press Release
Leong, a 6-1, 185-pound native of Abilene, Texas, signed with the Roughriders in January after spending time with the Dallas Cowboys in 2011.
In four seasons at Texas Tech, Leong caught 152 passes for 1,877 yards and 32 touchdowns - the second-most TDs in school history and the fifth-most in Big 12 history. In 2010, Leong led the Red Raiders with 74 receptions, 926 receiving yards and 19 touchdowns.
The Ticats also announced that import receiver Aaron Kelly has been released.
Kelly caught 38 passes for 490 yards during his two seasons in Hamilton.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.