First Place Red Bulls Run Unbeaten Streak to Five with 1-1 TieMay 11, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New York Red Bulls Press Release
New York begins a three-game homestand on May 19, hosting defending MLS Cup Champion, the LA Galaxy, at 1:00 PM at Red Bull Arena. For tickets, call 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
Fabian Espindola tried to put the Red Bulls ahead in the 14th minute, firing a left-footed blast past the right post. Later, Heath Pearce got his head on a New York corner kick and nodded it wide. In the 38th minute, Revolution forward Dimitry Imbongo ran at the Red Bulls' defense and his shot was saved by goalkeeper Luis Robles.
New England went ahead in the 54th minute. Chris Tierney's corner kick towards the near post was volleyed by Diego Fagundez and blocked off the line by New York's Kosuke Kimura. However, Fagundez got to his own rebound first and put it in from close range.
However, the Red Bulls responded immediately. Forward Andre Akpan, making his first start as a Red Bull, slid it into the box to Sam, who controlled the pass and put it inside the left post for his first career MLS goal.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2013
- Columbus Crew blanked by Colorado Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- REACTION: Crew End Homestand with Loss to Rapids - Columbus Crew SC
- Teibert scores first two pro goals, Mattocks secures result - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Buddle, Powers and Defense Send Rapids Past Crew, 2-0 - Colorado Rapids
- First Place Red Bulls Run Unbeaten Streak to Five with 1-1 Tie - New York Red Bulls
- San Jose Earthquakes Fall 4-0 on Road vs. Seattle Sounders FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Neagle, Sounders FC Pound San Jose 4-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Comes Back Twice from a One Goal Deficit to Win 3-2 against Real Salt Lake - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Fall 1-0 to Philadelphia Union - Chicago Fire
- Houston Dynamo Host Sporting Kansas City on Sunday Seeking Third Consecutive Win - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Concedes Two Late Goals to Fall 3-2 at Montreal Impact - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Earn 1-0 Victory against Chicago Fire - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.