Anders Lee Signs with IslandersApril 1, 2013 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Green Bay Gamblers
Lee led the Green Bay Gamblers in scoring during the 2009-10 season with 66 points (35g, 31a) in 59 games played. For his efforts, Lee was named USHL Rookie of the Year. The Edina, Minnesota native followed a strong regular season campaign into the playoffs tallying 22 points (10g, 12a) helping the Gamblers secure a Clark Cup Championship.
As a freshman, Lee led Notre Dame in goals (24) in 44 games and ranked second on the team with 44 points. For his efforts, Lee was named to the CCHA All-Rookie Team and was a second-team all-CCHA selection. This past season, Lee was named to the CCHA First Team All-Conference scoring 34 points (17g, 17a) in 40 games. In 84 career games at Notre Dame, he amassed 78 points (41g, 37a).
The Gamblers return home Tuesday, April 2nd as they welcome the Waterloo Blackhawks to the Resch Center. Face-off is set for 7:05pm. For more information on promotions or purchasing tickets visit gamblershockey.com.
United States Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2013
- Former Defenseman Luke Witkowski Signs with the Tampa Bay Lightning - Fargo Force
- Hawks Star During Strong Week - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Former Forward Andy Taranto Signs with ECHL's Alaska Aces - Fargo Force
- Heinonen, McCoshen and Petersen Earn USHL Weekly Honors - USHL
- Anders Lee Signs with Islanders - Green Bay Gamblers
- Former Stampede Players Allen & Walters Sign Pro Contracts - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Waterloo Black Hawks Name Players of the Week - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.