Red Bulls Waive Forward Josue MartinezMarch 29, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New York Red Bulls
"We spoke with Josue and think that this is a mutually beneficial decision," said Red Bulls Sporting Director Andy Roxburgh. "We want to wish Josue the best of luck in the next stage of his career."
Martinez was acquired along with allocation money from the Philadelphia Union on Dec. 6, 2012 in exchange for forward Sebastien Le Toux. He played in one regular season match for New York, coming on as a substitute on March 23 at Montreal.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 29, 2013
- Galaxy Seek to Break Nelsen's Gritty Toronto FC - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Hosts First Place Montreal on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Waive Forward Josue Martinez - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Look to Equal MLS Home Unbeaten Streak Record Tomorrow Night against San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Partner with Texas Children's Health Plan for Family Section at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Comes to Town for Inter-Conference Clash - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Waive Midfielder César - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's Landon Donovan Could Return to Team During CCL - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chicago Fire Drop 1-0 Decision to Minnesota United FC in Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Nearly All Player Slots Filled for SueÃ±o MLS 2013 - MLS
- Preview: Impact Takes on Sporting KC at Sporting Park this Saturday - Montreal Impact
- March Results Set Table for Success in 2013 - Columbus Crew
- McCullers Sets Sights on Bigger Things in 2013 - Columbus Crew
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.