Impact and EMSB Launch Stay-In-School Program for Eighth YearMarch 7, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Montreal Impact Press Release
The official English launch will take place on Monday, March 11 at 1:15pm at Roslyn Elementary School (4699 Westmount Avenue) in Westmount. Representing the club will be Impact executive vice-president Richard Legendre, team manager and former Impact defender Adam Braz and team captain Davy Arnaud. The team mascot Tac Tik will also be on hand.
"The Impact believes that children need the proper inspiration to help them achieve their dreams, and to do so, they must be given the proper instruments, support and assistance," said Montreal Impact president Joey Saputo. "Our ambassadors aim to inspire those youths to be engaged in school and participate in sport as they are fundamental to this belief. We are proud that we continue to implement this program each year and help more students."
"We are really proud of the partnership we have built with the Impact," said Angela Mancini. "There are a lot of soccer fans in our schools. We know that their 'stay-in-school' message has been very well received by students, teachers and parents. The Impact players serve as excellent role models."
Over the next few weeks, Impact players will visit several EMSB schools to discuss the importance of staying in school and striving for excellence with students. Emphasis will be given to the values of taking initiative, discipline and cooperation in achieving their goals.
As part of the partnership, the traditional "EMSB Night" will take place on Wednesday, May 1, at 7:30pm at Stade Saputo against Toronto FC, as part of the Amway Canadian Championship, which involves the four top professional clubs in Canada in the race to qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League - an international competition between professional clubs from North America, Central America and the Caribbean.Tickets can be purchased online for only $10 at www.emsb.qc.ca/impact.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 7, 2013
- Three Points: Galaxy Claim 0-0 Draw in First Leg of Champions League - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- CCL Pregame Notes: Herediano vs LA Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Nominated for Utah Governor's State of Sport Awards - Real Salt Lake
- After Week 1 Bye, Revs Eager for Opener - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Foundation and Herbalife Family Foundation Donate $10,000 in Costa Rica - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Waive Sodade - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Announce MLS Reserve League Home Schedule - Toronto FC
- D.C. United, RomÃ¡ntica 900AM & Radio Cuscatleca USA.com - D.C. United
- Impact and EMSB Launch Stay-In-School Program for Eighth Year - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2013 RSL Youth Camps Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Prepared for the "Electric" Atmosphere against Herediano - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Tigres UANL Tops Sounders FC 1-0 in Champions League Quarterfinal Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.