Galaxy Players to Receive Their Championship Rings on SundayMarch 1, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Los Angeles Galaxy Press Release
In addition to the players receiving their championship rings, the Galaxy will also unveil the club's 2012 MLS Cup championship banner.
Designed and crafted by Tiffany & Co., this year's rings were created as a lasting tribute to LA's run to a second consecutive MLS Cup crown. This will mark the jeweler's third creation of a MLS Championship ring.
The white gold championship ring top features the LA Galaxy shield with four stars, set with blue sapphires, flanking the team's logo. Brilliant round diamonds fill in the 'LA' as well as the star above. The text "MLS CUP CHAMPIONS" is set around the bezel. The ring's shanks celebrate the Galaxy's 2012 championship season featuring the MLS Cup trophy, player name and the 3-1 score of the MLS Cup victory over Houston.
"Tiffany & Co. is honored to craft the MLS Philip F. Anschutz trophy as well as the championship rings to commemorate the LA Galaxy's 2012 victorious season," said Tom O'Rourke, vice president of Tiffany & Co. "These rings serve as a tribute to the 2012 LA Galaxy organization and their dedication and performance on the field."
Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal subsidiary is Tiffany and Company. The Company operates TIFFANY & CO. retail stores and boutiques in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe and the United Arab Emirates and engages in direct selling through Internet, catalogue and business gift operations. For additional information, please visit www.tiffany.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2013
- LA Galaxy ready to open the 2013 season on Sunday at The Home Depot Center - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Introduces a Renewed Rebaño Angelino - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Galaxy Players to Receive Their Championship Rings on Sunday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Dynamo Open 2013 Season on Saturday vs. D.C. United at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Philadelphia Union Sign Anding, Fernandes and Konopka - Philadelphia Union
- Earthquakes Team with T-Mobile for Second Straight Season to Create "T-Mobile 4G Power Zone" - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Opens Season on Saturday at Philadelphia - Sporting Kansas City
- Cordell Cato Traded to San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Sign Two Rookies, Acquire Cordell Cato from Seattle Sounders FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Team up with Supporters Groups for Season Opener Watch Parties - New England Revolution
- As Rest of MLS Opens, Revs Continue Preseason Prep - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Sign Defenders Mike Chabala, Anthony Arena - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL at San Jose Earthquakes - Sunday, March 3 - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Midfielder Peter Luccin Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - FC Dallas
- D.C. United, Beach FC and Adidas Reach Regional Affiliate Agreement - D.C. United
- Impact Set to Kick off the 2013 Regular Season this Saturday at 10:30pm in Seattle - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Sign Cameroonian Midfielder Yazid Atouba - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Signs Darel Russell - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Signs Morgan, Bennett, and Osorio - Toronto FC
- Revolution Signs Gabe Latigue - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Signs Welsh International Earnshaw - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Forward Chandler Hoffman - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo Re-Sign Forward Brian Ching - Houston Dynamo
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines D.C. United's Dwayne De Rosario - MLS
- LA Galaxy to Unveil New Multiuse Sport Court at Boys and Girls Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Know Style Change Is Needed as They Prepare for Life without David Beckham - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.